Meet Jacquie Boatman, New Director of Student Internships

Photo Credit to Jacquie Boatman, Linkedlin

Written by Cassidy Stephenson

Photo Credit to Jacquie Boatman, on Linkedin.

On February 27, 2020, Career Services sent out an email to inform the student body about events that could strengthen their resume-building skills and career fairs in the area. In other news, Career Services stated that Concordia University Chicago (CUC) has a new Director of Student Internships position and Jacquie Boatman had started that week, filling that in that position.

Jacquie Boatman grew up in Aurora, IL and graduated from CUC in 2010 with a bachelor’s degree in marketing and a minor in communication. During her time at CUC, she was a member of the volleyball team with Kathy Gebhardt as her coach. She was also involved in the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and Relay for Life. She was the Marketing Communications Intern for CUC and for the Animal Care League, a pet adoption service in Oak Park. Before her position at CUC, Boatman worked in the Minor League Baseball industry as a Communications Coordinator for the Kane County Cougars.

Boatman said that “being back at CUC is like coming home.” She is looking forward to meeting students and helping them find an internship that they love in order to set them up for success.

She thanks CUC for giving her the opportunity to pursue her career path and is excited to take the knowledge and skills she acquired from her time at CUC to help students pursue their desired careers down a path of success. Internships are an amazing experience that gets students ready and prepared to join the workforce. They also help form connections in order to make obtaining a job easier after graduation.

If you have any questions and need help finding an internship, email
jacquie.boatman@cuchicago.edu.