Senior Spotlight- Taylor Kulaszewicz

Seniors Kristen Landon (Standing) and Taylor Kulaszewicz (#4) pose for a photo in Clermont, Florida during a quick photoshoot (Photo Credit to CUC Athletics).

Written by Holly Bathje

Seniors Kristen Landon (Standing) and Taylor Kulaszewicz (#4) pose for a photo in Clermont,  Florida during a quick photoshoot.

For Concordia University Chicago (CUC) softball, the season ended much too quickly due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Within all of the upset, there is positivity. This positivity comes from looking back at the program’s two seniors this year. One of these seniors is a graduate student, Taylor Kulaszewicz. Taylor was a 4-year team member that made a huge impact on the lady Cougar softball program.

Kulaszewicz spent almost all of her time behind the plate for the Cougars. Her competitive nature was truly unmatched, and she was a threat to any base runner. Kulaszewicz finished this short season with 28 putouts. Kulaszewicz was also a contributor at the plate, scoring 3 runs while in Clermont. She was a leader on and off the field, and a true role model for the younger players. Kulaszewicz was able to be a member of the leadership panel for the team her senior year, where she was able to show off her approachable personality.

Kulaszewicz could be found cheering on her teammates and dancing with them when she was not behind the plate. Kulaszewicz’s legacy in the softball program will not be forgotten. Kulaszewicz graduated in May 2019 with her bachelor’s degree in accounting. She is currently working towards her master’s degree in finance. The Cougar softball team will miss Taylor Kulaszewicz and her energetic personality. CUC softball wishes her the best in her future.