Concordia-Chicago's Student Run Newspaper

The Spectator

The Spectator

The Spectator

Polls

What is the best dorm?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

CAB Hosts Build a Bear Workshop

Written by Arius Gatson

On October 14th, 2019, the Campus Activity Board (CAB) hosted a “Build a Bear Workshop” in the (Concordia University Chicago) CUC Cougar Den. This event was to help support CUC’s Dance Marathon and the children at Lurie Children’s Hospital. Students were able to come out and were limited to two bears to make. They had the option to keep the bears for themselves or they could have donated the bears to the children at the hospital. There was a great outcome of bears that were donated.

The turn out of the event was huge, and surprisingly, MANY students enjoy making stuffed animals. This was a great way for students to take time out of their busy lives to do something that was fun, but supportive.

Vicky Carrasquillo, junior, said, “I absolutely love whenever CAB hosts events on campus. Little events like this are fun and a great way to pull students away from studying. This event was fun and I loved it.”

CAB is Concordia’s Campus Activity Board. They are one of the many clubs on campus that host events throughout each month for students to be involved in. Some events that CAB hosted in the past were Bingo Night, Spring Formal, Bracelet Making, Paint Night, etc. Every semester, CAB comes up with fun and exciting ideas and events for students to participate in on campus. Students can always be on the lookout in their emails to see what events will be happening on campus.