Softball Team celebrates Win Against Concordia University Wisconsin

Photo Credit to Holly Bathje

by  Holly Bathje

The lady Cougars softball team celebrates a walk off win against Concordia University Wisconsin!

Week 8, APRIL 28-MAY 5, 2019

The lady Cougars softball team’s season filled with hard work and a lot of fun came to a close at Wisconsin Lutheran College on Sunday, April 28th.

The lady Cougars were one win away from a spot in the NACC Conference Tournament, but unfortunately, things did not go their way. The CUC softball team fell to WLC 2-3 and 1-4. The lady Cougars fought hard in both games and never gave up.

They made the tough plays and worked hard at the plate, but it was not enough to stop the Warriors. Looking back at the season, the Cougars softball team has a lot to be proud of. The season started out with the team working hard in Florida and fighting adversity. After many games being rescheduled due to our “wonderful” Illinois weather, the lady Cougars started with a split against Lakeland.

As the season continued, the team worked hard and kept their focus on the process, something that the coaches of the team really emphasize. The Cougar softball team worked hard to SWEEP Benedictine University for the first time in program history. It’s safe to say that the ladies on this team were never giving up.

Although there were games lost, sick players, and bad calls from the umpires, this team never gave up through it all. Team 7 was very competitive in the games they played, and they had fun on and off the field. The three seniors that will be moving on from the team will be greatly missed because of their talents on the field, as well as their leadership and fun personalities on and off the field. This group of seniors broke a lot of records and set examples for younger players. Although this was not the ideal end to the season, Team 7 is a team that will not be forgotten about. The lady Cougars softball team is looking forward to next season. Go Cougars!