CUC Softball Update After Week in Florida

By Holly Bathje

CUC Softball poses for a picture to post on social media as they support the CUC Men’s Volleyball team. Back Row (Left to Right): Marita Van Dyke, Kristen Landon, Taylor Kulaszewicz, and Melissa Balkema. Middle Row (Left to Right): Reilly McGuire, Kate Roberts, Shania Phillips, Sydney Getz, Sydney Sterrett. Front Row (Left to Right): Sydney Paulauskis-Lauher, Holly Bathje, Kacey Powers, Claire Urchell, and Kelly Tarasiewicz. (Photo Credit to Holly Bathje)

Week 2 (March 18th): After returning from a great week in Florida, the lady Cougars took some off time to let their bodies and minds rest. This didn’t stop the team from getting out and supporting their fellow student athletes. On Saturday March 16th, a few of the lady Cougars attended the first home mens’ volleyball game. Although the team lost, they played well and it was a great time watching. A few other teammates cheered on the mens’ lacrosse team.

Later in the week, some of the softball players went to another mens’ volleyball game. This is a new sport here at CUC, so it draws quite the crowd.

The lady Cougar softball team is competing with the other CUC athletic teams to win the Cougar Cup that is awarded at the athletic banquet which will be held on April 12th this year.

Before winter break, the softball team was in second place in the race for the Cougar Cup, so they are trying hard to pull ahead. The following day, the lady Cougars supported the volleyball team again. On Saturday, the team put the tarp on the field to help deter the rain water. After that, the ladies were back at it with supporting the CUC baseball team in their games at Wheaton College. After a nice few days of rest and catching up on homework, the Cougar softball team was back at it practicing and lifting. Their practices consist of repetition and working on fine details as they prepare for their game against North Park University on March 28th. The team got well deserved rest and is ready to hit the ground running this Thursday.