Concordia-Chicago's Student Run Newspaper

The Spectator

The Spectator

The Spectator

Polls

What is the best dorm?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

CUC Softball Ending Spring Break Debut

by Holly Bathje

The lady Cougars ended day three of their spring break debut with a split.

Photo Credit to Holly Bathje

The lady Cougars worked hard to wake up the bats in game 2, which led them to victory. The Cougar pitchers worked hard in the circle to shut down the Marywood Pacers offense. After the lady Cougars secured the win for the day, they were able to start their off day a little early.

The (Concordia University Chicago) CUC softball team competed against Mount Union and Marywood on the warm Tuesday in Clermont, still fighting through the adversity of having key players missing. Game one against Mount Union did not end in favor of the cougars; however, they fought back in game two against Marywood, taking the win 7-5.

Many of the players went to enjoy a meal with their families, who had traveled to the sunshine state to cheer on their favorite Cougars. The lady Cougars got to have some fun in the pool and with their families.

One of the special things about this group of softball players is that everyone seems to get along really well. During the time off in Florida, you could still find many of the players hanging out by the pool together or just relaxing and talking with each other. There is a really special bond on this team that many other teams do not have. This has a positive impact on how they play the game together.

As Tuesday came to an end, the Cougar softball team was looking forward to their off day on Wednesday. Stay tuned to see what your lady Cougar softball team was up to on their off day in Florida!