Collective Season 2018-2019

By: Katie Vazquez

Kelsey Schultz and Brandon Ellis encouraging students to join The Collective. (Photo Credit to Katie Vazquez)

The Collective, CUC’s Theatre department, has loads in store for the upcoming 2018-2019 season. Their main stage shows are definitely something to look out for. This fall, they will perform Antigone by Sophocles, directed by Brian Fruits and The Nerd by Larry Shue, directed by Katherine Rub. During the spring semester, keep a look out for Wholesome, a new play written by Aline Lathrop and directed by Stephanie Stroud, in collaboration with the Chicago Dramatists, as well as Sweeney Todd by Hugh Wheeler and directed by Jason Narvy, to wrap up the season.

Although the main stage shows draw much attention, there is more that The Collective has to offer. The Unprofessionals improv troupe performs on various Fridays throughout the season and they come to please. With improv, whatever you see one night, you will never see again, so come check these guys out! There will also be several one act plays directed by some of our very own Concordia students. Watch out for upcoming auditions for these one acts as well as our spring semester shows.

If you ever wondered what it would be like to grace the stage, now is the time! If you ever wondered, what it would be like to work backstage, swing by the theatre offices and speak to any of the amazing staff. If you just like to take it in, that’s okay too. Come support your fellow peers and don’t miss a great opportunity to see some ground breaking theatre!