West Annex Upgrade

University administrators fielded a range of questions during a Student Government Association open forum held Nov. 8th on campus. President Dr. Daniel L. Gard, Dean of Student Jeffrey Hynes, and Associate Dean of Students Kathryn Gebhardt discussed topics that included the West Annex renovations and how other funds are spent on campus.

The West Annex at Concordia University Chicago is undergoing renovations. A $1.9 million donation to remodel the first floor of the West Annex was “generously” donated by a person who will currently stay anonymous, said Hynes. When the appropriate time arrives said Hynes, there will be a ceremony open to all students for the donor to thank him for his donation. All will be welcome.

If you walk through the West Annex or the hallway between Addison Hall and Krentz Center, you may notice photos of what the West Annex is to look like. Offices that include Academic Advising, the counseling center, the health clinic, resident life, and dean of student’s offices will be moved into the remodeled wing. The restrooms are also being upgraded, said Hynes.

A service center for international students, which currently total about 315 at the university, will be added to the West Annex improvements. An interactive center for vocation and career development, a conference room, and a student work station will also be constructed in the West Annex, said Hynes.

The new annex “will be accessible by all,” said Gard.

Future projects funded with the help of donors are a possible Plaza Project in the summer of 2018. Photos of the new West Annex layout may be seen in the hall in front of the current closed off West Annex.