Concordia-Chicago's Student Run Newspaper

The Spectator

The Spectator

The Spectator

Polls

What is the best dorm?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The Collective: Fall Preview

The Collective fall season of shows is fast approaching and some great entertainment is going to be performed for all.

The opening show of the 2017-18 season is Wittenberg, written by David Davalos and directed by Andrew Pederson. The show revolves around three men; Martin Luther, John Faustus, and Hamlet, who are all on the cusp of their destiny. What would their lives had looked like if all three of them had been in the same place at the same time and the stories of their lives had been intertwined? Come and watch as their choices propel them towards the inevitable. With this being paired with the 500th anniversary of the reformation, it is truly going to be something special.

The second show of the season is The Winter’s Tale, a classic Shakespeare directed by Jason Narvy. Leontes, the king of Sicilia, is convinced that his wife has had an affair with their visitor, Polixenes, who has been on a nine-month visit. The show explores irrational jealousy and shows it over a period of time. Sixteen years pass in between acts, with the beginning of the show being set in the 60s and the latter half of the show in the 80s, with great music to ensue as well.

Both shows are stacked with some of CUC’s heavy hitting actors, so these shows will definitely be a spectacle for those involved and those watching.

Wittenberg runs September 29th – 30th and October 6th – 7th at 7:30 p.m. as well as October 1st and 8th at 3:00 p.m.

The Winter’s Tale runs November 10th, 11th, 17th, and 18th at 7:30 p.m. and November 12th and 19th at 3:00 p.m.

Tickets can be purchased at brownpapertickets.com and CUC student tickets are just five dollars.