Last Games of the CUC Softball Season

Photo Credit to Sydney Paulauskis-Lauher

by Sydney Paulauskis-Lauher

Week 7 (April 21-27): As the Cougars (Concordia University Chicago Cougars) wind down their regular season to the last couple of games, it really becomes crunch time.

The first of those games being against Concordia University Wisconsin in double header fashion. But as the Cougars lost the first game in a heartbreaking fashion, the second game had to be put on pause while the Cougars were on a roll and leading to begin the game.

As the Cougars continued on, many games were being scheduled and some of the makeup games were needing to be played. Traveling to Rockford, the girls played them and swept with wins 6-1 and 4-2. Then moving on to Carthage in Wisconsin, the girls would take an opportunity to work in a non-conference battle.

But for the Cougars, Carthage was able to take the upper hand and beat them both games 1-3 and 3-6. Looking forward, the Cougars know that a NACC conference tournament berth is at stake. So every practice, game, and opportunity is going to be important to push the girls to a bright and fulfilled future. The Cougars have only five games left in their regular season. The last game against CUW, and then two games against both Alverno College and Wisconsin Lutheran College. So Roll Cougs!