League Of Legends World Championship

xEMsdgf-1

In 2014, when the League of legends World Championship took place in Seoul, South Korea, many people could not believe that it would fill the 2002 FIFA World Cup soccer stadium it too place in. With over forty-five thousand people in attendance and 27 million people watching online, it was the largest viewed eSports event of all time. This year, the tournament takes place in Paris, Brussels, London, and Berlin, with the attendance anticipated to skyrocket.

League of Legends continues to be the worlds largest online game with over sixty-seven million active players and the World Championship is their largest tournament. More than sixteen teams from around the world compete for the title and over two million dollar prize purse. Three teams from the four largest regions compete, as well as four “wildcard” teams from the remaining smaller regions. This year, North America will be represented by three teams, Counter Logic Gaming (CLG), Team Solo Mid (TSM), and Cloud9 (C9). Each region holds its own tournament to decide which teams will represent them at the World Championship.

In North America, CLG and TSM won spots at the world championship outright during the regular season. C9, however, had to complete a series of matches against other runners-up. At the same time, other regions like Europe, China and Korea held similar events, and many teams from 2014 will be competing again this year. Last year, Team Solo Mid and Cloud9 competed in the World championship and only Cloud9 made it out of the semi-finals. As expected, the title was taken by Korea’s Samsung White, and while they will not be competing this year, Korea still stands as the final boss for the other regions. This year, North America is looking to claim its first World Championship title.

Tune in on October thirty-first for the League of Legends World Championship match and join the millions of people worldwide supporting this legendary event.

For more information and news on the League of Legends World Championship go to http://www.mmogames.com/gamenews/